• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to plea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

auntbob

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My son got into some trouble he is 14 years old. The cops came to our house and told me he was giving away my prescription drugs to his friends. the drugs were Adderall & Xanax.
At first he was charged with a felony 4 to five years. but now the prosecutor said a 90 day misdemeanor(sp)
I haven't received the date for the arrainment yet.
should he plea guilty or not guilty?
In a drunk driving case I was in years ago, I didn't have an attorney, but the Judge plead not guilty for me. I was guilty! and the judge knew that. I would have plead guilty if the judge didn't plea for me. I am glad he did. Should I have my son plea guilty or not guilty? he is guilty.
Should I get a court appointed attorney?
He has never been in trouble before. I didn't press charges on him for stealing my drugs like the other parent did. there was a few kids charged.
What could happen in this case? just probation? juvenile home?
Can I have a say in what goes on?
I don't want him to get in real big trouble, but I do want him to learn his lesson, Can I recommend his liecence to be taken away until he is 18? I know when I was a teenager, that would have made me stop and think twice before I was to do anything wrong.
Thanks to anyone who can answer any of my many questions.
We are both really worried about this.
He is going to see a couselor, for his anxieties over this. I am also sending him to see if maybe he has a drug problem.
Oh thats another question, can I ask the court to give him drug test, as part of probation, and would I have to pay for it.

Last edited:

I

Invisible_thug

always plea.....

in anything except if you rob a bank and were caught on tape you always plea not guilty even if you are because in most cases they dont have you on tape and have to come up with enough evidense for it. I also live in michigan and i just got charged wit possession of marjuiana i plead guilty because i didnt know what to do but the attorny i talked to the next day told me she would change my plea for not haveing a attorny present because you never want to admit to anything or plea guilty. They have to prove your wrongings and you have more of a chance of a lesser punishment always well in almost all case's.

H

hexeliebe

The first thing you should do

is pucker up and kiss the prosecutor (man or woman) for giving your son a break. Yes, he is only 14, but he's headed for a life of hell if he doesn't take this seriously and it's refreshing to see that you are thinking of more than trying to get him off without responsibility.

The next thing I would do is to contact the prosecutor and see if a plea bargain could be worked out. This is a good possibility since he/she has already intimated that a 90 misdemeanor is a possibility.

During the plea bargain, your son would plead guilty in return for a lighter sentence, possibly probation and yes, you could work out with the prosecutor that drug testing would be part of the probation, along with counseling.

You son is VERY lucky. Of course, you could always go into court, plead not guilty and piss off all the people who are trying to help your son to the extend that they rescind their offer of a misdemeanor and reinstate the felony charges.

But that's up to you. What do you want for your son? Help or playing russian roulette with his life?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Ways To Plead To Drug Charges - -

NUMBER 10: "How about I plead guilty to jaywalking and make this whole thing go away?"

NUMBER 9: At your arraignment, your mother suddenly stands up and screams, "For God's sake -- plead guilty and I'll do your time!"

NUMBER 8: Judge asks him, "How do you plead, you guilty-ass *******?"

NUMBER 7: "Me no comprendo the ingles, your honor."

NUMBER 6: "Sorry I'm late - - I was out golfing with the jury. Now, what was your question again, your honor?"

NUMBER 5: "I did it - - so sue me!"

NUMBER 4: It's really a bad sign when your son is popping Valium like Chiclets in the courtroom.

NUMBER 3: Your son pleads "not guilty", and the judge shouts out "guilty!" and then says "just practicing".

NUMBER 2: "Your honor, who do I have to kill to make this thing go away?"

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Way To Plead To Drug Charges - -

Your son's Public Defender got his legal training from old episodes of "Matlock".

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
TOP 10 Ways To Plead To Drug Charges - -

NUMBER 10: "How about I plead guilty to jaywalking and make this whole thing go away?"

NUMBER 9: At your arraignment, your mother suddenly stands up and screams, "For God's sake -- plead guilty and I'll do your time!"

NUMBER 8: Judge asks him, "How do you plead, you guilty-ass *******?"

NUMBER 7: "Me no comprendo the ingles, your honor."

NUMBER 6: "Sorry I'm late - - I was out golfing with the jury. Now, what was your question again, your honor?"

NUMBER 5: "I did it - - so sue me!"

NUMBER 4: It's really a bad sign when your son is popping Valium like Chiclets in the courtroom.

NUMBER 3: Your son pleads "not guilty", and the judge shouts out "guilty!" and then says "just practicing".

NUMBER 2: "Your honor, who do I have to kill to make this thing go away?"

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Way To Plead To Drug Charges - -

Your son's Public Defender got his legal training from old episodes of "Matlock".

IAAL
LMAO I think #7 is funny...even if I am Mexican-American and most would get offended by it. :)
Very good list.

H

hexeliebe

well, as another person of

mexican descent, I would have answered # 7 ich spreche kiene Englishe Herr Doktor...

but that's just me.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CAPrincess said:
LMAO I think #7 is funny...even if I am Mexican-American and most would get offended by it. :)
Very good list.

My response:

Thank you. But, why would you even "think" it might be offensive. It's a joke, for God's sake!

Look, Cheech Marin of "Cheech and Chong" fame is a Mexican-American. Did anybody get offended by the stereotypes HE, as a Mexican-American, brought to the "silver screen"?

While I appreciate your appreciation of good humor, please don't cloud my humor with even the "specter" of being insensitive to all the poor Mexicans.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going back to my field to pick my tomatos.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Thank you. But, why would you even "think" it might be offensive. It's a joke, for God's sake!

Look, Cheech Marin of "Cheech and Chong" fame is a Mexican-American. Did anybody get offended by the stereotypes HE, as a Mexican-American, brought to the "silver screen"?

While I appreciate your appreciation of good humor, please don't cloud my humor with even the "specter" of being insensitive to all the poor Mexicans.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going back to my field to pick my tomatos.

IAAL
ROFLMAO
I'm sorry, IAAL, I didn't mean to imply that I was offended by it or that you were trying to be offensive.
Okay, okay, let me start over...forget what I said earlier.
IAAL, that was very, very funny!!! LOL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CAPrincess said:
ROFLMAO
I'm sorry, IAAL, I didn't mean to imply that I was offended by it or that you were trying to be offensive.
Okay, okay, let me start over...forget what I said earlier.
IAAL, that was very, very funny!!! LOL

My response:

Okay, I still love you. Hey, when do you want us to get started on our family of 12 children?

I think if I ever did something like that, my scrotum would look and feel like a pinata!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CAPrincess said:
12?????

And I suppose you'd expect me to stay home and take care of them, too. LOL

My response:

Absolutely, with one balancing on your hip, and two others hanging onto your legs, while making tortilla soup, and tacos!

Oh, and you gotta be barefoot, too.

Now, where's my dinner, goddamnit!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">