• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Molestation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cardev

What is the name of your state? - Wisconsin

My son was asked to babysit his step-brother's daughter. Later in the evening after the child was picked up and returned home the mother noticed blood in the urine. When they took the child to the hospital, it was reported the child was molested. Several hours had passed between this time and when my son had babysat. Because my son's father has a molestation history, the step-brother accused my son. My son swears he did not touch the girl. However, because of his fathers past history, my son is afraid that he will be accused. This event occured about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Does it usually take this long to question someone in a case like this? My ex-husband just told our son what was going on 2 days ago, and he's been living in fear ever since. Could someone give my son some peace of mind?

djohnson

There isn't a standard to tell you. Depending on the case, the place, and many other things it can vary. Was it reported? How old is you son? Are they (the police) talking to the doctor and gathering information/evidence? There are too many wild cards to answer your question absolutely. How old is the child? Was there blood in her unrine before while he was there? If they thought he was a risk then why did they let him babysit? A doctor would know the difference in new and old signs of abuse. There are just too many questions here left unanswered to give you better advice right now. Maybe with answers or someone else can try.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
In all honesty you *need* to be talking to a lawyer about this. Now, rather than when they decide they need to speak with your son. If they never do - all you're out is the consultation fee. If they do - it will be money well spent. But if he is accused - you need to have an attorney at the ready.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">