• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alien Torts Act

• Thread starter TorontoLawStude
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TorontoLawStude

What is the name of your state? FederalHi everybody!
I'm a law student from Canda. Can anybody help me out with practical side (Forms, some simple claim etc.) how to file a claim in US Federal Court under Alien Torts Act. I'm sick with one Marxist-Comunist Professor, have to sue her. In Canada isn't recognized Tort of Discrimination etc. So I think Alien Torts Act would be quite nice forum , at least to screw up her time.
Drom me some ideas. [email protected]

JETX

TorontoLawStude said:
I'm a law student from Canda. Can anybody help me out with practical side (Forms, some simple claim etc.) how to file a claim in US Federal Court under Alien Torts Act. I'm sick with one Marxist-Comunist Professor, have to sue her. In Canada isn't recognized Tort of Discrimination etc. So I think Alien Torts Act would be quite nice forum , at least to screw up her time.
Drom me some ideas. [email protected]
Your post is in violation of several things:

1) As noted at the top of the screen: U.S. LAW ONLY
2) Your post implies you are a law student. As such, we don't generally do your homework for you.
3) You have made this same post in multiple discussion groups.
4) And finally, your post appears to be solely an attempt to cause problems for someone you take exception to (a professor). As you will learn, abusing the laws for the intent of causing harm is a violation of every tenant of jurisprudence.

T

TorontoLawStude

1) I'm looking for US law Alien Torts Act is US law
2) it's not my homework
3) sorry i didn't know that i can post only under 1 topic
4) I'm not causing problems but battling for my rights

B

Boxcarbill

Since you are a law school student and you believe that the Alien Tort Act would give a U.S. federal court jurisdiction over this civil suit, then, perhaps, you could share with us what tort your professor committed in violation of the law of nations or a treaty of the United States?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Boxcarbill said:
Since you are a law school student and you believe that the Alien Tort Act would give a U.S. federal court jurisdiction over this civil suit, then, perhaps, you could share with us what tort your professor committed in violation of the law of nations or a treaty of the United States?

My response:

BCB, that's what I was getting at with our writer on his duplicate post. I gave him a URL link to read, because I too, wanted to know this information - - although, I didn't say it in so many words. I wanted his comments after he read the treatise on this subject, with the examples of the various types of claims that have survived, and those that have been rejected.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TorontoLawStude said:
Discrimination on absis of national and ethnic origin. Restricted freedom of speech, delliberatery downgraded garde because i did not accept her pro Marxist political opinion. etc. Forecefull restriction of fredom of political opinion. etc.

My response:

Okay. Those are conclusions. Can you give us some "hard" examples for each of those contentions?

IAAL

B

Boxcarbill

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

BCB, that's what I was getting at with our writer on his duplicate post. I gave him a URL link to read, because I too, wanted to know this information - - although, I didn't say it in so many words. I wanted his comments after he read the treatise on this subject, with the examples of the various types of claims that have survived, and those that have been rejected.

IAAL
Sorry I didn't see your post. Which forum?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Boxcarbill said:
Sorry I didn't see your post. Which forum?

My response:

Hey, it's not your fault. Our writer has unwittingly made things somewhat difficult because he posted on separate forums. So now, we have to jump around looking at different responses on multiple forums.

Anyway, here's the other link - -

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=146510

Even if I disagree with our writer, I thought the issue and the law itself was interesting. I think jurisdiction is going to be a problem because I can't, for the life of me, figure out what the professor's "contacts" with the United States might be. Quite frankly, it's not an area of law I've had the opportunity to explore before. So, out of interest, I did some reading.

IAAL

B

Boxcarbill

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Hey, it's not your fault. Our writer has unwittingly made things somewhat difficult because he posted on separate forums. So now, we have to jump around looking at different responses on multiple forums.

Anyway, here's the other link - -

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=146510

Even if I disagree with our writer, I thought the issue and the law itself was interesting. I think jurisdiction is going to be a problem because I can't, for the life of me, figure out what the professor's "contacts" with the United States might be. Quite frankly, it's not an area of law I've had the opportunity to explore before. So, out of interest, I did some reading.

IAAL
Thanks. Ah, yes, I remember law school and the belief that all things were possible. Good ole days of hanging out in the commons and discussions on legal theory and hypotheicals in different areas of the law. You are a lucky dog to still be in the academic world! Hell, not only have my brains turned to pea green mush but I have lost the ability to get subject/verb agreement fifty percent of the time. O.k. I wandered off subject.

B

Boxcarbill

TorontoLawStude said:
huh Hard examples. Basicly the story is quite bizare. It was Criminal law course where we have to write essay about 19 century Russian Literature (Dostoyewsky). Hard to believe but it's true. She is first year prof. c.a. 28-29 years old and total pro-feminist, pro-aboriginal etc. In my essay I used one sentance, basicly that in today's justice we should not scrifise innocent people(contrary to Dostoewsky's tiny baby) because, and I quote,: "Our moral values today is different, and not like centuries ago when NATIVES SACRIFISED YOUNG GIRLS FOR NEXT YEAR'S BETTER CROP" It caused all problem. I'm self immigrant from europe (white euro) she is multi-mix acestry. I got a "private lecture" for about 30 min after my esssay. How cen i write such a thing, aboriginals never did it (sacrifise), It's a lie, white europeans, like me, centuries ago invaded Canada abused natives and invented just such a stories about natives. And it went so and soo. It was within first two weeks of criminal law. After she just messed up everything . Highly disproportional downgraded my grades. In Canada Supreme Court ruled (some 20 years ago) that in Canada does not exist a Tort of Discrimination, if anything, the only way is Human Rights Commission. United States recognize Tort of Discrimination. als Law of Nations recognize discrimination, at least as a moral torture etc. And Alien Torts Act has an option, if residence country does not provide remedies for Torts of Nations then US courts may assume jurisdiction. The all storie is not about that I want get millions of remedies, but I want get my Justice and drag her through courts to show that I'm right at the end.

So you had a philosophical disagreement with your professor. That does not even come remotely close to the requirement of the Alien Tort Act. Professors have a great deal of discretion in grading and they certainly have a right to their beliefs just as you do. You say that she is discriminating against you because of what--being a white, European descent, male. You seem to resent her because she is young and female and in a position of authority over you. I'm not Canadian and so I don't know the extent of your freedom of speech--I know that it is not as broad as that in the United States-- but this is not a human's right violation. In fact, this professor/student disagreement wouldn't be a good cause of action if it arose within the United States and they sometimes do. Concentrate on what is required to get the degree. I can tell you that this will not be the last law professor that you will have a disagreement with. Get over it.

HomeGuru

TorontoLawStude said:
I'm a law student from Canda.

**A: what state is Federal? And where the heck is Canda. Is it near Uganda?

abezon

If you really think she "arbitrarily & capriciously" lowered your grade because she did not like your political opinions (or the fact that you reject her 'white imperialists made up that human sacrifice stuff to justify their Manifest Destiny policy' argument), file a complaint with the law school's Dean of Students or whoever handles grade disputes. Have very concrete examples to give the administration. If you make out a convincing prima facie case, the Dean might pull a selection of other tests to see if your paper was graded differently. The proper forum for your case is the law school, not a court.

However, be cautioned that grade complaints are almost NEVER resolved in the student's favor. I was the first person to get a grade changed in the 100-year history of my law school, and only because someone heard the prof admit to lowering my grade for an improper reason, and because the admin had already decided to fire the prof anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">