• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd felony drug charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tolstoy

What is the name of your state?

maryland, baltimore county.

my friend was charged with posession of crack cocaine, several viles broken down and hidden in his cigarette pack. he already served five years for posession, petty theft and selling to friends. he was arrested a second time for the same thing and was sent to jail for four ymore ears, out in three by going through a rehab program. he got out in 1998 and supposedly had a clean record up until a couple weeks ago. he siad he talked the officer into not booking him for possesion with intent to distribute and the judge has to try the case that way and can't tuen the charge to posession with intent to distribute. i understand my friend could get 18 to 25 years if convicted with intent to distribute. or he could get another 4 years for just the posession charge. he thinks his lawyers might get him off by saying he had a little slip up. could he possibly get away with community service and probation... this is his third arrest and he is an ex-con? what are his chances of not going back to jail?

racer72

Very slim and none. If 2 stays in jail didn't help, perhaps he deserves 18 to 25. And I know what the judge will think if he is told it was just a little slip up. "Slip up my a$$."

T

Tolstoy

Thanks for your response.... (Grandpaw) I figured as much. He is not very bright. Still can't believe he has thrown away all the good things he had going for himself these past few years. Addiction is a terrible thing. He is really over the edge now. Having his final hurahs before they sentence him in August. He probably hopes his lawyer gets him off on a technicality or something. I think he is dreaming if he expects a slap on the wrists with community service and parole. It would be one thing if he was a first time offender, but this is different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">