• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help - About to lose son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hlshep101

:eek:
Ok, Here's the deal. I need help in a bad way. Last May my son was kidnapped by his Biological father while we were residing in Texas. Somehow in that time period he managed to get custody of him by telling the courts that I had disapeared. In July of last year the State of Vermont, where they were, called me and told me that they had my son, his father had beat him severly. I went to Vermont to get my son and was told that I had to stay in Vermont and do all this stuff that they wanted me too, like classes and counseling and whatever they could think of. Which I did. In April of this year, I had to come back to Texas because my mom was very sick, and the State told me ok, get there, do a home study and your son can follow in August. I thought, ALRIGHT, finally. Not! The Social Worker called my lawyer yesterday, yes I have a lawyer, and told him that they were termanating my parental rights and putting my son up for adoption because I "Abanded" him. I called the Social Worker this morning and she told me, our conversation never took place where she told me it was ok to go, and that if I wanted any chance of keeping my son that I had to go back to Vermont to live like now. My lawyer says that theres nothing we can do, the State decides what happens. A judge is involved in this, but won't listen to what I have to say. I attended a hearing by phone and was told by the judge, just listen and dont say a word. This is completly messed up, I have no idea what to do. The only thing that the State has on me to hold my son is stuff that happened 10 years ago when I was a teenager. What's up with this? Does anyone have any ideas? PLEASE HELP!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">