• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felons in association

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lillisa4

arkansas .. Myself and my significant other were both charged on a drug charge. We both were placed on 2 years supervised probation. My problem is this. We have been together for over 5 years. The probation officer is having fits about us living together and since our partnership is not recognized as legal in the state of arkansas we are having to live in different locations and pay 2 sets of bills,actually 2 of everything because what we have acquired in the past 5 years can't be cut down the middle. Do we have any type of rights as I know a husband and wife do? I guess my point being is what is the actual role of a probation officer? is it to put more stress on the person and more hardship? From my understanding they are to supervise and help a person learn to live a productive life in the community. And regardless after the 2 years of probation are up we will resume our lives living together once again(excluding the drugs}so why make things this difficult for 2 women who made a mistake but now living my the rules and such. Does anyone know of any special circumstances that might apply to this situation? thanks
t

C

christin gd

When they told me I could not be transfered to a different county to live with my boyfriend of 5 years, first being that he also is on probation and second he is a co-defendant. I just said that I would be homeless with no family in this state. She did my transfer. I also think it depends on the PO.

Son of Slam

I think you qualify for the exchange program we have with Mexico. We are far behind sending our deadbeats and weirdoes in exchange for theirs. You'll be able to use drugs, rub thingies and thumb your noses at your POs.

C

christin gd

I,m a deadbeat because I want to continue a relationship with a man that I love and have been with for over six years and living with for five years? Are only saints like you allowed to continue there lives. Well wake up, people make mistakes and we both have learned from ours.

Son of Slam

lillisa4 said:
I,m a deadbeat because I want to continue a relationship with a man that I love and have been with for over six years and living with for five years?...
Excuse me? This is what I read in the OP;

lillisa4 said:
Myself and my significant other ....our partnership is not recognized as legal in the state of arkansas .... Do we have any type of rights as I know a husband and wife do? .... why make things this difficult for 2 women ...
Sounded like you were living with your girlfriend, not a man. After reading it all agin, I think you are changing it.

arkansas .. Myself and my significant other were both charged on a drug charge. We both were placed on 2 years supervised probation. My problem is this. We have been together for over 5 years. The probation officer is having fits about us living together and since our partnership is not recognized as legal in the state of arkansas we are having to live in different locations and pay 2 sets of bills,actually 2 of everything because what we have acquired in the past 5 years can't be cut down the middle. Do we have any type of rights as I know a husband and wife do? I guess my point being is what is the actual role of a probation officer? is it to put more stress on the person and more hardship? From my understanding they are to supervise and help a person learn to live a productive life in the community. And regardless after the 2 years of probation are up we will resume our lives living together once again(excluding the drugs}so why make things this difficult for 2 women who made a mistake but now living my the rules and such. Does anyone know of any special circumstances that might apply to this situation? thanks
t

C

christin gd

Son Of Slam, you are confused. Those quotes are from two different people.

Son of Slam

christin gd said:
christin gd said:

So they are! Duh! My bad. See I wasn't refering to you, but lillisa4.

L

lillisa4

son of slam...you need to wake up and welcome to the real world with your sick ways of answering replies. "rubbing thingies" ! you are a trip and for your info i wasnt and am not trying to thumb my nose at the po... Infact for your info..with just a little communication with the po..guess what..living and loving in arkansas.. so when your gonna give advice how about you give some experienced advice or take a leap into 2003 and remove yourself from the 70's and 80's. better yet woodstock was probably your era so stop slamming and try some decent advice.. have a great day

H

hmmbrdzz

lillisa4 said:
son of slam...you need to wake up and welcome to the real world with your sick ways of answering replies. "rubbing thingies" ! you are a trip and for your info i wasnt and am not trying to thumb my nose at the po... Infact for your info..with just a little communication with the po..guess what..living and loving in arkansas.. so when your gonna give advice how about you give some experienced advice or take a leap into 2003 and remove yourself from the 70's and 80's. better yet woodstock was probably your era so stop slamming and try some decent advice.. have a great day
===============================

Are you thumbing your nose at Woodstock and the 70's? What have your parents advised you to do? Have you taken their free advice?

hmmbrdzz

M

maybee

posession

What is the name of your state? Ohio
In 2000 I was ticketed for posession of marijuana. I payed the fine, since it is only a ticket in my city. Does this mean I am a convicted criminal? Do I check convicted on my job applications? I don't want to lie, but I am not sure what convicted is. Also , when checking my records, they have me as the incorrect race and sex, can I do anything about this? Can I have this removed, or closed if I hire someone? and How??

PLease help, thank you

Maybee

H

hmmbrdzz

Re: posession

maybee said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
In 2000 I was ticketed for posession of marijuana. I payed the fine, since it is only a ticket in my city. Does this mean I am a convicted criminal? Do I check convicted on my job applications? I don't want to lie, but I am not sure what convicted is. Also , when checking my records, they have me as the incorrect race and sex, can I do anything about this? Can I have this removed, or closed if I hire someone? and How??

PLease help, thank you

Maybee
======================

I'm sorry, but I kind of had to laugh at your question since I wondered the same thing for quite a few years. I say -- YES -- you've been "convicted", no doubt, for misdemeanor possession (which is a "crime"). You were probably arrested, pled guilty, paid the fine, and so in essence you've been convicted of it.
That's my take of your "ticket".

If that is the case, then when it asks on the job application "have you ever been convicted of a crime", then you must put "yes". (It doesn't have to be a "felony" crime.) If it asks if you've been convicted of a felony, then you need to know what kind of "crime" you were arrested and convicted for, i.e., misdemeanor or felony. Had you been arrested for any kind of crime and pled NOT guilty and FOUND not guilty, you could put "NO" to any answer regarding your "criminal history".

If you want this "record" not hanging over your head, you will need to hire an attorney to help you get it expunged. But that is a tricky proposition with some professions because on some applications it will ask you about expungement. So, depending on what you want to "grow up to be" or have grown up to be, do understand that sometimes no matter what you do with respect to "expunging" your past, it can come back to bite you in the ass.

Good luck. Stop smoking that dope! :D

hmmbrdzz

M

maybee

thanks for the advice.. but NO

actually, I was not arrested, I was ticketed. which I payed through the mail, just like the speeding ticket fines are payed. I was in the car with other people, were the marijuana was found, and no one would say who it belonged to, so we were all charged. I was confused as to being convicted because I associated conviction with court and jail. I did not get arrested, I did not go to court, I just payed the ticket.

I appreciate your kind words and your laughter. Your kind advice was so nice of you to offer.

M

maybee

BTW

it was only a marijuana cigarette, not some big load of pot.

again, thanks! ;)

H

hmmbrdzz

Re: BTW

maybee said:
it was only a marijuana cigarette, not some big load of pot.

again, thanks! ;)
==========================
LOL! But it's those little joints that can get you those little tickets! Seriously, I do not KNOW about "tickets" for joints, so before you begin thinking (on anything I've said) that you've been "convicted" of something and need to put "yes" on your application, you find out if you have a "criminal record" first. From the sounds of your note, though, since you "checked your record", it kind of sounds like you do. Don't dare do any big loads of pot!

hmmbrdzz

M

maybee

tee he

I wouldn't dare. After I retire from my career as an IT professional, I think I will pick up the hobby of posting pointless information into forums like these. What a better way to feel good about myself, since my career would obviously be lacking if I got my kicks out of posting mindless jibberish.

Since I contacted "real" legal advice today, I have found that I can pursue real expungement. This is great news, because I only have this charge and that was 3 years ago.
Guess that ruins my chances of any real future in " big loads".

~~ squat

:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">