• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Section 402 of IRS Code and Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JBMM

I live in Texas. If it makes any difference my HR is in Maine. I am on long term disability. I am receiving Social Security. My company has informed me when my son starts to get his SS benefits, I will need to inform them. I will need to send them all his back pay, and they will also deduct all his future payments from my disability payments according to Section 402 of the IRS code. A friend of mine who is an accountant said to give my ex husband my son's deduction each year and that would eliminate the problem. Is that true? My ex does keep up his child support and did meet all the 5 criteria for the IRS.

Last edited:

abezon

Ask the company to send you a copy of the code section that allows them to reduce your benefits. I didn't see anything about that in section 402.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">