• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

melissa7014112

What is the name of your state? texas

i feel that i was fasley arrested. a couple moths ago i called to police since my father had assaulted me. when the cops got there i was indeed upset. the cops would not and did not do anything to my father but yet i had visable marks on my body. the office said that i was overly emotional. when i did not calm down they ran my drivers licence number and said that there was a warrent for my arrest. i knew thati had paid them all off several months prior so i was confussed. wheni was booked in and later made to pay the fine the officer that was booking me out could not locate this warrent but said that the fine he was told to charge me was about 250.00. i paid the fine and went home. the next day i called the court and was told that they had proof that i had paid the fine and didnt know why i was arrested. when i went down to file a complaint at the police station due to false arrest i was then told my entire file was missing but since i had a reciept to prove that the fine was paid prior i was given my money back and an apology was given. i opened a case with internal affairs at the police station but was given the run around and just dropped the entire thing. i spoke to a friend that works for the constables office and he said that sort of thing goes on all the time and shouldn't. i feel like i have been violated and humiliated and want to get some advise on what i can do and if there is anything that i can do. thanks

R

Rowbear

Go to the City Council meeting. When they give the people an opportunity to speak, take your shot. Tell them how incompetent the police acted and how mad you are about it. The council will order a special commission to investigate the abuses the police are committing. They know how to make that bad stuff stop and you will be satisfied that no one else will ever be treated badly again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">