• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AKathabascan

What is the name of your state? Alaska
My Question: my soon-to-be-ex-husband has a tro against him...he has my kids...I have attempted to get financial assistance without any success...I have no money at the present moment...I have not retrieved my children from him...on Monday 6/16 my husband requested a modification to the tro...to get full custody and pay no child support,which he has not done as of yet, and he is doing this based all on the fact that I am dating someone else....and all of a sudden I am now a neglectful parent and don\'t have the right to custody...but truly all it is is that he does not want to pay money and he wants the control of the kids...that is a symptom of D/V isn\'t it...am I in the wrong?...he has been abusive for the past 15 years( all ways, but physical)...he also has a record of D/V...could you please help? I have no money as of right now because we are not divorced yet, it is in the works...so I cannot afford an attorney...I keep bumping into dead ends...I guess the system works only if you got money? Thank you for your time to look at this....:)

anyone out there have some sound advice-negative unhelpful sarcasm is not needed here
thanks for the courage to reply
ALL MY STRENGTH AND SPIRIT

:confused: :( :eek:

A

AKathabascan

THANKS

gee thanks for the insight...it does sound like money issues.
the fact remains that he has abusive issues and I am making attempts to become independant and and am running into dead ends being that I don't have family support or other support that would make these circumstances "Fair!" lol "what is fair!"
He has D/V police record with this state.
I would appreciate replies from individuals who have a clear understanding of D/V.

It does not sound like you understand domestic violence issues or even what it is like to live in that polluted environment
No pity needed here..!just some constuctive advice:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Yours is a problem, but not a legal problem.

Yes, it takes money for people to help you. Since you didn't plan your life properly, why would you want to punish us with your sob story?

Look, you'll find the kind of help you require, here - -

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]http://www.uexpress.com/dearabby/dearabby_form.html

IAAL

stephenk

if you have a TRO against him and a child support order against him, how did it end up that he has the children?

are you working? will your boyfriend loan you some money?

maybe your hubby should be raising the kids if you cant afford to keep them and you need to establish your independence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">