• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

temporary restraining order for stalking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cooper316

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My wife filed a temporary restraining order against me . She states that we had an argument and I asked her to leave. Then I followed her to her parents and repeatedly called. The next day I went to her work and repeatedly called. I'm not sure what to do, I did call her at her parents and she said she was coming home, then didn't. The next day I went to see her at work like any other day in the past. And I did call her too. I did stop calling and left when she asked. I need help, how can I work on my marriage if I can't talk to her? There has never and will never be violence in our house, if there was maybe I could understand. Please help if you can. Thanks

Last edited:

stephenk

is your wife living outside of the home now? If yes, there is nothing you can do to contact her since you would be in violation of the order. Remember if she contacts you, YOU will be in violation of the order. So if she calls or comes over, tell her sorry but you cant talk/see her unless the order is terminated.

It looks like she doesnt want you around. Maybe the marriage cant be saved. It happens.

Consult with a family law attorney to determine your options.

C

cooper316

Yes she is living outside the home. She is staying with her parents. I think they are the ones who convinced her that she needed to do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">