• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abusive Mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

myork2002

What is the name of your state? Texas

my mother has a history of mental illness. she moved in with my husband and i in mid-march. she had no where else to go, so we felt bad and she told us she had been on her psychiatric medicine. she started acting crazy and ranting and raving about 3 weeks ago. it got worse and worse every day. 2 weeks ago, i told her that she would have until july 1 to move out, that it was to stressful with her here. she said no, that she did not have to move. she was right, i called the police and they said she could stay. last week, she went on a real crazy streak and threatened to kill my son and then she attacked me and punched me in the face, so i called the cops. she is in jail now, but i don't know what is going to happen when she gets out? does she have a right to come back to my house? we have changed the locks and moved her stuff into storage. what do i have to do to keep her from hurting my family?

enjay

I'm sorry you are going through this.

Get a restraining order now that prohibits your mother from coming near you and try to find mental help for her. If she can be stablized with meds, a short inpatient stay might be necessary. She has assaulted you and does not have the right to reenter the home, particularly with that restraining order in place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">