• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clemcapri

What is the name of your state? tn
about a month ago my husband physically hurt me. the county we live in pressed charges against him. we both are due in court in 2 days. do i have to testify against him? does he need a lawyer? this is an incident, that i am not defending..but he has never done anything like this before.. he is currently seeking help for his problems. i am stressed out over the fact that i may have to testify against him.. or even worse, to find out what could possibly happen to him.

HomeGuru

clemcapri said:
What is the name of your state? tn
about a month ago my husband physically hurt me. the county we live in pressed charges against him. we both are due in court in 2 days. do i have to testify against him? does he need a lawyer? this is an incident, that i am not defending..but he has never done anything like this before.. he is currently seeking help for his problems. i am stressed out over the fact that i may have to testify against him.. or even worse, to find out what could possibly happen to him.
**A: what exactly did he do to you?

C

clemcapri

he hit me several times in the kidney area of my back, kicked me in the stomach, at one point he tried to choke me out.

V

VeeGee

Even though he has never done something like this before...trust me, it will happen again. Only the next time, you may not be able to get up. Testify against him...show him he will NOT put his hands on you and get away with it. If you don't, than expect this to happen again.

A

ANNIMARIE

Testify against him and more importantly get out of the house and the marriage immediately. Men don't just once hit a woman like that. He gets away with it this time he WILL hit you again. It doesn't get better. It only gets worse. I've been there. Believe me I know!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">