• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket H***

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

parkingticket

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I received a late notice for a parking ticket from Fort Lauderdale, Florida in May. I have never been to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I called the Broward County Clerk of Courts Parking Division to inform them that they have the incorrect Ohio tag number on the notice they sent me. I was told to send them a letter and a copy of my Ohio registration. I complied, but have received a notification of an administrative hearing to contest the ticket. If I do not show up for the hearing I will be found guilty of failure to pay a parking ticket. I now live in Minnesota and am not going to go to a hearing in Florida for a ticket I did not receive nor do I want to pay $48 for a parking ticket in a state I have never been to. HELP! What should I do?

H

hexeliebe

Check the laws of Florida but most states allow you to give telephonic testimony. Yes, the phone call may cost you more than $48 but that's your option.

Also, do you have proof that your auto was not in Florida at the time and date on the ticket? For example, do you have a parking stub, valet ticket or other parking ticket from another state where you could prove the auto was not in Florida? If so, fax this proof to the court and ask for a telephonic hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">