• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Harassment Suit Against Daughters Boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

foreverhis

What is the name of your state? CA

I have a 24 year old daughter that lives with me. She has a boyfriend who is involved in gangs. She says he is no longer in gangs, but I dont believe that. Anyway, recently her boyfriend has pushed her down in my driveway, come to my house at 3am knocking on the doors and windows, calling and hanging up on my phone and on my daughters phone. Also he has ran up my daughters credits cards to almost $7,000. I have told my daughter recently that if she is going to have this relationship, she will have to move out. I really dont want her to move out because he is very abusive verbally. Im sure the whole relationship is probably physical (if you know what I mean). I was wondering if even though my daughter still lives with me, is it possible that I can get a Civil Harassment Restraining Order against her boyfriend to keep him away from my house and to stop the harassing phone calls? Any advice would surely be helpful. THank you

stephenk

sure you can. go to your nearest courthouse. they usually have assistants who can help with filling out the forms.

have you called the police when he shows up and harasses you or your daughter? Did you call the police when he pushed her down on the driveway?

V

VeeGee

At 24, your daughter should know better than to allow any man to put his hands on her. Is she willing to file a complaint against her b/f? If so, have her do so ASAP...and the next time her b/f comes to your house at 3AM, call the police and keep calling them each time he comes by the house. If the police don't want to come, tell them it's a gang member and your afraid he has a weapon. That should have them racing to your house!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">