• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will I be arrested or denied custody of my sons?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cordkohl

What is the name of your state? california

My wife of 8+ years, together almost 11, have filed a DVTRO against me after I told her I was divorcing her due to her verbal, pyschological abuse towards me and the fact that our son's hear it. After she hit me, I had to restrain her arms and may have cause a dime size bruise on the inside of her right arm.

Anyway, she has our children at her parents house 80 miles away. She took our 5 yr. old out of his pre-school class three weeks before the school year ended, ended on Wed. June 18th.

Well, I went to the school to pick up (before anyother students and parents were there) his pictures and art work. Now I got a call from the Court Investigator on my answering machine to call him and a neighbor said there were four sherrif cars infront of her house that Wed.

Can I be held in contempt? Even when my son was not at his class or school for weeks?

C

cordkohl

Yes. This was something I had forgotten about, because my pre-schooler has not been there for almost three weeks, due to them being 80 miles away.

O

OnlyOneVoice

I can't imagine the police enforcing a TRO to protect a child who isn't at the school. There's nothing to restrain you from if he isn't there.

But seek legal counsel and get the real low down on this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">