• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Impounded w/o being returned!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nubian

What is the name of your state? NC

I have been at work all day today. I let my cousin borrow my car and he let someone else drive it. This person was stopped, doesn't have a license and had drugs in my car. Now my car has been impounded and they say I can't get it back because it was found with drugs in it. Is this true? What options do I have, if any? Is there something that can be done? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Nubian

B

badtenant

Yes you can beat the KRAP out of your low life dumb azzz trailer trash CUZIN!

You are responible for YOUR car at all times, you FAILED in your responsibility to do so.

This will be a Painful and EXPENSIVE lesson, in trailer trash drug addict scum suckers.

NO ONE borrows your car from now on, when ever you can afford to buy a new one!

racer72

For as much of an idiot badtenant is, he hit this one on the head. And your state has a mandatory siezure law in cases involving drugs. First, your car is going to be held till your cousin's druggy friend has his trial. This could take a few months to a year. If he is found not guilty, you can then petition the court for the return of your property. If he is found guilty, your car will be sold and the money used to pay for drug enforcement. If he loses and appeals that could delay you getting your car back for a couple more years.

There are a couple of slim chances to get your car back sooner. Get your cousin to admit he took the car without your permission and report it stolen. Or get your cousin's friend to admit he stole the car. What are the odds of either of these things happening?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">