• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very confused...help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lnrgrl

What is the name of your state? ga

ok, i'm gonna try to keep it brief. my husband (we're separated) said the police came into his house without a warrant on suspision (sp?) of stolen property, but now have a warrant out for his arrest on drug charges. can the police do that? come into his house (no one was home so basically they busted the door in) with no warrant and then bring about completely different charges? i have no idea where he is but i've talked to him on the phone and told him he really needs to turn himself in and get this crap straightened out. any advice ya'll can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

JETX

In reading your post, one thing seems to be pretty obvious.....
Your husband isn't telling you the whole story.

L

lnrgrl

This is what he told me. His neighbor was moving and gave the keys to my father-in-law and told him that she wasn't going to take anymore of her stuff and if they wanted any of it to go ahead and get it because it was going to end up on the side of the road anyway. Well, it turned out none of that stuff was hers because it was willed to some guy (I have no idea who he is) and when he came into town to claim his stuff, he happened to see a couple of things sitting in my husbands front yard that belonged to him. So he called the cops. When the cops came into the house looking for stolen property, they found "drug paraphanelia and residue" (my husbands words). I know he smokes pots and something called shards <--? He said they've siezed the house and property. Now they have a warrant out for him for drugs. None of this probably makes any sense because he's told me so many things so many times. I don't live with him so I don't have first hand knowledge what went down. He told me don't be surprised if the cops come asking me questions about him. I have yet to be contacted by any police but I'm kinda wondering something... could I be in trouble for talking to him on the phone when he calls? He hasn't told me where he is, he just says with friends.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">