• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Convicted of a sex crime 15 years ago, restricted from living with family?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

snakeschickin

What is the name of your state? Alabama
my stepdad's brother and his 4 other brothers and sisters were separated from each other early in life due to their parents inability to care for them. my stepdad's brother ended up in california, entered the navy. In 1989 he got into trouble and was scared into taking a 'deal' or so he thought at the time. He was accused of rape. The lady was older and they were having a consentual afair, but was threatened with life because of the discovery of the affair. he served almost 9 years in 3 different institutions, stayed in california while he was on parole, and attempted to reastablish his name. sunday was the first time he got to come home in 15 years. he came to live with me, my mother, stepfather, and little sister. he done what he was supposed to and went to register with the sherriff, being he has been branded 'sex offender'. then, after only being here 3 days, and a 2 day bus trip here, they tell us he cant stay here because my sister is a minor. it is heartwrenching because he has nowhere else to go. he is here now living in an old store as of today, and they said the decision could be overturned in 30 days. what can i do to help him stay with us, he is no harm, and we need the financial and physical assistance.

calatty

There is nothing you can do. That they are precluding him from being around minors should cause you to suspect it was actually a child molestation offense. His story sounds very suspicious. If he was having a consensual affair with the woman, it is unlikely he would have been charged with rape, and he certainly would not have pled guilty. He also would not have been facing a life sentence in CA for a rape. If you are so desparate for cash that you want to take a registered sex offender in your home to live with your children, ask to see the paperwork regarding his conviction - but I bet he doesn't have it anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">