• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 13yr.old got caught shoplifting in Alabama while on vacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WaynesPain33

What is the name of your state? Alabama is the state where the shoplifting took place. I live in Tennessee. But my 13 daughter was on vacation in Orange Beach,Alabama with my ex-in-laws. She and a friend got caught shoplifting in a Wal-Mart store there. She had stole $53 worth of merchandise. What could be the charges and cost for this crime. I'm waiting for a paper they suppose to send me on what to do. My daughter was caught with the merchandise in her pockets. Will I need a lawyer from Alabama or from TN, or one at all?:confused:

H

hexeliebe

You will receive a summons from the court where the offense took place. If you want to head off any further problems the first thing to do is contact the court where your daughter was charged, ask them what the fine will be (It will be much more than the amount of the merchandise) then pay it.

Then have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with your daughter.

If you contact your ex in-laws, they may have more knowledge of where this occurred and how to contact the proper authorities.

B

badtenant

Then have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with your daughter.

Or come to Allah, Buddah, jehovah, cow dung, ...or better yet:::::::

She needs the wisdom of the all mighty BADTENANT:

You can never steal anything out the front door in America, but you can out the back (employee theft), or in the EXECUTIVE SUITE!!!!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">