• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband was taken off life suport without wifes permission,

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

soozsong2003

What is the name of your state? Az
My husband recently passed away unexpectedly and while he and I were not living together, and I had filed for divorce, I was still legally his wife and we couldnt be considered estranged as we had been talking about reconcilliation, He suffered a cerebral hemmorage and I do not believe that there was any reasonable effort to try and contact me, by the hospital or his parents. (However he was kept by the alive until his sister from out of town arrived) The decision to remove life support was not made by me, his wife. and by the time I was notified, he had already been creamated. Also there are some questions surrounding some contributing factors to his death, (It was rumored that methamphetamine was a factor as he had supposidly been suppilyed some and ingested the drug with a "friend" just hours before the onset), I know that there are questions that I need to ask and I intend to, however, I'd like to know to what extent are each oif these people liable: the friend, the doctors , the parents, the mortuary, I would think I could file or push to file manslaughter charges , to start with. Am I right?
:confused:

B

Boxcarbill

I suggest you find out whether he was brain dead and I would be willing to bet that he was.

B

badtenant

soozsong2003 said:
What is the name of your state? Az
My husband recently passed away and I intend to, however, I'd like to know to what extent are each oif these people liable: the friend, the doctors , the parents, the mortuary, I would think I could file or push to file manslaughter charges , to start with. Am I right?
:confused:
=======================

I think you are nothing but a gold digger....trying to make some money off his death.

You didnt want him while he was alive...so now you want to be consulted about his death.

The only person liable is your dead husband, unless you can prove the "friend" was a mafia guy who tied him to a chair and forced the meth into his system.

Move on with your life... you wanted a divorce anyway.......

AND BAAAABBBBBYYYYY YOU GOT IT....WHOPEEE YOUR FREE AND CLEAR OF HIM...!!!!

Son of Slam

How sad. A guy dose some speed so that he can have wild sex all night long and his wife don't show up till he drops dead. He probably went bar to bar looking for someone to save his life. When he got to the hospital nobody wanted to put up with his big mouth, even his family said, "PULL THE PLUG!" If his wife had been there she could have given him mouth to mouth, but nooo! Oh well, there'll be an extra line at the party tonight. Say goodnight Dick.

H

hexeliebe

Disregarding the other two idiotic responses you received, I tend to agree with BCB.

Also, although he has been cremated, you can still obtain toxicology reports, brain scans and blood workups from the hospital.

But that's your first stop before going off the deep end and claiming manslaughter. Don't work from ignorance, get the facts first.

B

badtenant

well he's probably very happy being away from you...

I think she just wants to make sure she gets the insurance money.

PS.....
It just does not look good for you soozsong to be doing this. If we can make comments like this, dont you think a judge or jury would ask the same questions?

H

hexeliebe

Which is her legal right if she is beneficiary.

Morality aside.

B

badtenant

hexeliebe said:
Which is her legal right if she is beneficiary.

Morality aside.

Not if he committed suicide (most policies wont payoff)......so maybe its better NOT to delve into it too deep.

H

hexeliebe

He suffered a cerebral hemmorage and I do not believe that there was any reasonable effort to try and contact me, by the hospital or his parents.
I don't think you can commit suicide by giving yourself an overdose of a cerebral hemmorage. Even if the hemmorage was induce by an overdose of metaamphetamines it's still ruled accidental death.

B

badtenant

hexeliebe said:
I don't think you can commit suicide by giving yourself an overdose of a cerebral hemmorage. Even if the hemmorage was induce by an overdose of metaamphetamines it's still ruled accidental death.
Thanks......

Then she is the money, shes in the money, jump jump jump for joy she gonna get the money!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">