• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud or Forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chica1

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I would like to know if a person can go to jail for signing their husband's name?

Here is the situation: 1st off I was responsible for paying the bills, we got really far behind, not just becuase of MY spending, but both of us had a hand in that.... One night I had my husband sign a power of attorney (he didn't know, he had been drinking) and I used it to refinance the house, I told them that my husband was out of town so that I could do this. Why didn't I tell my husband, becuase he can be very mean when he is mad, I didn't know how to tell him, I was afraid of how he would react, we have since filed Chapter 13 and are entering our 4th year of paying this off. Here is the problem, everytime we get into an argument, my husband says he is gonna go to the cops and he is gonna file criminal charges against me for signing his name and lying about him bering our of town. I have signed his payroll checks and I have signed (with his name) pretty much all of the checks that pay the bills, etc. We just had a big argument and he is threatening to go to the police again.

:confused:

C

chica1

What is the Statute of Limitations??

Has it expred since it has been 4 years since this happened??

B

Boxcarbill

Your husband's drinking has impaired his mental function. He cannot sit back and enjoy the benefits of your "crime" and then, periodically, claim he is a "victim" of that crime.

JETX

Yep, he cannot condone the crime when it is to his benefit, then claim being a victim whenever he wants.

In the meantime, quit signing his name without his written authorization.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">