• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AllysonS

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

i was recently surfing the web, came upon a website that featured someone i went to highschool with. i noticed something disturbing on her bio in the website. this person is claiming to have graduated from 2 colleges with two separate degrees. however, truthfully only has a high-school diploma. i occasionaly speak to this person and know for a fact they have not graduated from college. it was a topic of our last discussion.

do i have a responsibility to inform the company? is there anything i can do to help this person so they do not get in trouble? i was close friends with this person and i do not wish to see them end up in trouble.

HomeGuru

AllysonS said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

i was recently surfing the web, came upon a website that featured someone i went to highschool with. i noticed something disturbing on her bio in the website. this person is claiming to have graduated from 2 colleges with two separate degrees. however, truthfully only has a high-school diploma. i occasionaly speak to this person and know for a fact they have not graduated from college. it was a topic of our last discussion.

do i have a responsibility to inform the company? is there anything i can do to help this person so they do not get in trouble? i was close friends with this person and i do not wish to see them end up in trouble.
**A: then contract your friend directly rather than the company.

A

AllysonS

the problem is...this person is a pathological liar and they have a very short fuse - once slammed a girls head into a locker giving her a concussion for ticking her off. how do i approach her to avoid her wrath? is it just best to let it go? legally what can happen to her?

B

Boxcarbill

AllysonS said:
the problem is...this person is a pathological liar and they have a very short fuse - once slammed a girls head into a locker giving her a concussion for ticking her off. how do i approach her to avoid her wrath? is it just best to let it go? legally what can happen to her?
You were close friends with this person and you are asking people on the Internet who don't know her from Adam how you should approach her to avoid her wrath! If you cannot talk to her, your talking to anyone else about her is damn sure not going to keep her out of trouble. You don't have any responsibilty to her company regarding monitoring employee's honesty. And your confronting her or reporting her to the company will have absolutely zero effect on her being a pathological liar, if she is. Legally, it depends upon the facts whether anything could happen to her and if something could legally happen, what that something might be. If you want to let her know that you know that she is a liar, write her a note. Otherwise let it go.

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

Make sure to slip the note under her door then RUN LIKE HELL....

oh, and DON'T SIGN IT!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">