• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Providing Alcohol For Minors!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lofton123

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was hoping for a bit of advice on this subject:

A few months ago, I bought some alcohol for my brother and his friend. They were summarily caught and charged with possession of alcohol. During their questioning, the friend mentioned that it was me who purchased the alcohol for them. Two months later, I get a call from the police department asking me to meet with them. I politely decline, because I wouldn't meet without a lawyer, and I couldn't afford one at the time.

Now, my questions are:

1) While I'm completely ready to accept responsibilty for my actions and plead guilty, do they have a case when its only my bro & his friend word against mine. They have a combined four misdemeanors on their record to my 0. Should I possibly plead not guilty?

2) Assuming I do plead guilty, what sentences are typical for having no prior record?

3) I recently graduated college, and am gainfully employed. What affect might a guilty plea have on this?

I'd appreciate any feedback you could give.

L

lofton123

Forgot to mention ...

Oops...

I've recieved an arraingnment notification in the mail as well.

stephenk

so you buy booze for your loser brother and his loser friend. Knowing their track history are you surprised that they were caught? Are you surprised that they turned you over as the person who bought the alcohol?

Go plead not guilty. You will be assigned a trial date. Since you are employed, hire an attorney. the two losers will testify to the truth and you will try and discredit them by lying. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">