• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To All Who Take Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VeeGee

What is the name of your state? NY

I am speaking to anyone who takes abuse and does nothing about it. I am reaching out to all of you who are afraid to do something about it...or who feel they love the abuser too much to leave him/her. Or the one's who feel they have no where to go or that no one would want them. I have heard all the reasons/excuses before...and lost a dear friend because she too had those same reasons/excuses. My friend was abused and didn't do anything about it. I used to beg her to do something about it all the time...I would be the one to call the police. They couldn't do much because there was no proof she was being abused. She wouldn't leave him...claiming she loved him and he didn't mean to hurt her.

I even had it out with him one time when she came to my house to hide out for a couple of days. He broke down my door and started beating on me...but I was NOT my friend, and I defended myself with a steel baseball bat which came in handy. I pressed charges, and he never came near me again. But I can't say that for my friend. She went back to him...and he kept beating her up and she kept taking it. As much as I tried to get her away from him, she would NOT listen to me or her family. Then one day, I got a call that my friend was dead...he beat her to a pulp. He's in prison now, but he's still ALIVE.... and she is dead. That's because she didn't leave him the first time he put his hands on her.

So this goes out to all the ppl who get abused and think it's going to stop. GET OUT NOW...RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!! DO NOT take it anymore...keep fililng complaints with the police, get restraining orders, get the hell out of the relationship. Love shouldn't hurt like that....and once your abused, it never stops. So stop fooling yourselves into thinking that he/she loves you and doesn't mean to hurt you and it will stop. It will never stop, it will only get worse and if you don't get out of the toxic relationship now...perhaps one day one of you will end up like my friend. No one has to take being abused...and no one deserves to be abused, verbally or physically. Just walk away and don't turn back...you might be saving your own life!

D

DChristian112

And if you are not hit, but are controlled, this is abuse as well.
If your SO tells you where to be, who you an and can not see, go out with, etc. This is control, this is a form of abuse. This WILL lead to further abuse, to further pain, and to further drama!

I was not psychically abused, but mentally and emotionally. I swore it would never happen to me, that I was too strong for it, but I was weak. Then one day, I decided no more. No more telling me who I can and can not be friends with. No more telling me I cannot speak to my children's father on the phone, or have lunch with him. No more telling me I cannot go to my own parent's home.
The day I dumped him, was the day he progressed into psychical abuse.
It took 6 months, 4 court appearances, an OFP, about 20 million calls to the police, but it finally ended!

I pray for all of those who are in abusive relationships.
May God bring you the strength to leave that horrible situation!

God's Blessings!

And VeeGee, I am sorry for your loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">