• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

age of consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mopar_man01

What is the name of your state? Washington
My fiancee, is 16 years old and im 18. she wants me to get her pregnant, Im just wondering if i am going to get in any trouble if i do get her pregnant. we both want to have a child. I was also wondering if i do get her pregnant would it make it easier for us to get married. Thanks for taking the time to read this, i hope somebody can help me.

M

mrseld

WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? No, you should NOT get her pregnant! What's wrong with both of you? What makes you think it is a good idea to get a 16 year old girl pregnant?

If you two really "love" each other, you'll STILL love each other in two more years when she turns 18. Get her pregnant now and you'll be sorry for the rest of both of your lives. Not to mention that poor innocent baby that will be brought into the picture.

It depends on the state your in what the "age of consent" is as far as I know, but NEVERMIND all that. You don't need to be teenage parents. If this is just some kind of ploy to FORCE the her parents to let you be together, let me tell you this.......

I had a friend in high school named Gail. I went with Gail one afternoon to meet her grandmother and do some shopping for her as she had broken her hip recently. ANYWAY.....I stayed behind with Gail's grandmother while Gail went to the store for her. As we got aquainted she began asking me if Gail ever said anything about her father. I said that Gail never mentioned him, but that it wasn't a hot topic for teenage girls to talk about their absent parents anyway. The grandmother told me why Gail never mentioned him. Gail's mother was 14 when she met her 18 year old boyfriend. Gail's grandmother and grandfather nearly had a fit over the relationship. In the following months, Gail's mother became pregnant thinking that it would force her parents into allowing a marriage or some such nonsense. What happened was that Gail's grandfather confronted Gail's father and said this, "Boy, you have a choice. Either get out of my daughter's life or go to jail for satutory rape." Last Gail's grandmother knew, the boy joined the service and never came back. So much for his devotion and wanting to be with Gail's mother, huh? Gail never knew her biological father. Had Gail's mother and father not had such a sense of URGENCY about being together, maybe things would've worked out differently.

I don't know why you two are even discussing a pregnancy, but don't. You should avoid that subject like the plague. I don't know what you're underlying theory is. Maybe you think it'll keep you two together forever or maybe you think that it'll force your parents or hers or both to see how much you two want to be together or whatever.

Go to the movies, go out with your friends, go on camping trips or go to church. Concentrate on good grades and college. Make a life for yourselves and then think about marriage and then a future with children.

P

prncssshckr

I totally agree!

I would just like to say that I am a product of that urgency. My mother got pregnant when she was 17 because she thought that my father would be there forever. Well, 4 years later, they got a divorce. A year later, I had to go live with my father because she couldnt take care of me because she couldnt get a job to take care of us. All she had was a high school diploma. I am 19 years old now, and I have a father who I can't stand and a mother I never see. Trust me, you do not want to put your child through this. Give it a few more years, if you two really love each other then you will still be together. Go to college and get a real career. You can't support a family if you work at McDonald's making minimum wage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">