• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blackmail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HolyG

What is the name of your state? CA

I have been blackmailed for a crime that I havn't done. This guy told me that I should pay him $2500 dollars or he will tell my friends, my parents, and the police that I have started a fire during a camping trip. In addition to that, he is most likely going to pull in a couple of his friends to say the same thing. I have people that can testify that I was not involved in the incident and I got the impression that he has blackmailed people before. I know that blackmailing is Ilegal but how do I go ahead and prove that he did without actually recording the conversation on tape. I do realize that I have probably not answered everything that you may need to know about this incident to properly give an answer so if there is something that anyone needs to know, please ask.

Thanks!

H

hexeliebe

If you did not start the fire and IF you feel this is an extortion attempt, contact the District Attorney's office and tell them what transpired during the first meeting with this individual.

They will either help you get the person on tape (Legally) and then it will be out of your hands, or they will tell you to stop worrying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">