• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

misdemesnor offense "smiling"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smiling

What is the name of your state? Michigan,
My Daughter receieved a ticket for walking around a temp. sign as part of promotion. she was directed to do this by the owner operator of bussiness. the story has made headlines and been on all the 3 network news broadcasts.
Q. As an employee acting under the direction of employer should her case get dissmisssed?

for entire story visit news Ad http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=9132567&BRD=988&PAG=461&dept_id=141265&rfi=6

HomeGuru

smiling said:
My Daughter receieved a ticket for walking around a temp. sign as part of promotion. she was directed to do this by the owner operator of bussiness. the story has made headlines and been on all the 3 network news broadcasts.
Q. As an employee acting under the direction of employer should her case get dissmisssed?

for entire story visit news Ad http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=9132567&BRD=988&PAG=461&dept_id=141265&rfi=6
**A: no.

H

hexeliebe

I agree with HG, but I wouldn't want it dismissed.

I'd want to go to court over this inane BS, and make the police department prove a violation. Oh, and invite the same media that covered the first incident to sit in the court.

You also might want to inform the boss that his business insurance may pick up the tab for the legal expenses. Depending on what kind of insurance he has. Not all business insurance has a specific rider for municipal ordinance violation but there are such policies.

This might just be fun for your daughter :D

S

smiling

smiling

Her Boss is claiming 1st amendment rights so he went back out and walked around with a flag. they took him to jail He is forcing Cheif of police to posture and this may reflect upon her cse as well

H

hexeliebe

So? You're not going to get this dismissed. The only thing you are going to do is go through the process and make the police prove she did something illegal or give up and pay the fine.

The boss's case has nothing to do with hers.

H

hexeliebe

From reading the news story I would hazzard a guess that another business complained and if so, this is public record.

You're right, this should be a circus. See if you could bring some popcorn to the court.

Beth3

"My Daughter receieved a ticket for walking around a temp. sign as part of promotion..." Maybe it's just me but I don't understand what your daughter was doing at the time the citation was issued.

M

momof3kiddos

Beth3 said:
"My Daughter receieved a ticket for walking around a temp. sign as part of promotion..." Maybe it's just me but I don't understand what your daughter was doing at the time the citation was issued.
By cutting and pasting the URL provided by the poster you can read the story and see exactly what she was doing...standing and smiling. This one really takes the cake!

Beth3

Yes, I did try that first but the web address had been disabled or at least was temporarily unavailable.

Son of Slam

smiling said:

A young lady standing next to a sign that says "HOT-N-READY $5" is just the kind or advertisement XXXXXX XXXXX, 17, of Richmond, and her boss, Little Caesar's franchise owner Kevin Briggs of Shelby Township, were ticketed for. I don't too much blame the young lady for what she did, she was probably brought up not realizing much about morels, but Mr. Briggs should lose his franchise for pulling such a stupid stunt.

S

smiling

This is the best tech can do

Excuse me, I posted this ? with the intent that perhaps an attorney with some integrity would offer sound legal advise.

instead I get the same loser responses my daughter gets when she's on a chat site.

you joke about morals, "dah" look in the mirror

he who is without cast the first get it !!!

except for the first 2 responders the rest of you get off the computer and go get LIFE

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">