• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking violation 2 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rdr713

California

Today I received a ticket in the mail, for an alleged parking violation on 3/24/01---over two years ago! This is the first notice I received of the alleged violation.

What is the limitation period on parking violations? It seems to me the municipality has waited an awfully long time to assert its claim in this case.

By the way, I no longer own the car identified on the ticket (in fact it was totaled in an accident nine months after the alleged parking violation).

Robert
San Francisco, CA

R

Rowbear

There just sending out letters to find any revenue that may be out in the old tickets. They would be glad to take your money and spend in on some good city projects like parks or libraries. If you’re concerned than pay your debt to society, otherwise forget it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">