• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indecent Exposure- Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AtlNative28

I live in Georgia. I was arrested and charged with Indecent Exposure. I was in a local park where men often go to have sexual encounters with other men. I walked up to two men in the woods and exposed myself. One of the men was an officer (who had his hands in his pockets and was making a motion as if he was masturbating). I and the other man were both arrested. Do I have any hope of getting out of this?

calatty

No, it is a slam dunk for the prosecution. You were caught in the act by a police officer. Get a good lawyer and hope for a decent plea bargain offer.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

calatty said:
No, it is a slam dunk for the prosecution. You were caught in the act by a police officer. Get a good lawyer and hope for a decent plea bargain offer.

My response:

Well, well, well. You're finally moving from complete liberalism, to neutrality, to finally, semi-conservatism! Congratulations.

I think I'll pass out if you ever tell somebody there's no chance in hell, and that they're a candidate for the needle!

Who knows - - maybe there's hope for you after all in my efforts to finally get you away from terminal skankdom.

IAAL

calatty

No, its proper California usage. You have to be realistic, i.e. jaded, cynical, and suspicious, to be in criminal defense. I mean, when your client tells you the 4-year-old came on to him .... Maybe you guys express what I am in the habit of keeping to myself. Telling criminals they are slime is not an effective criminal defense practice builder, and it is also pointless because they don't get it, and no amount of skewering will enlighten them. If I really cared on a personal level, I'd be a psychiatrist or a pastor, but I don't.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

calatty said:
No, its proper California usage. You have to be realistic, i.e. jaded, cynical, and suspicious, to be in criminal defense. I mean, when your client tells you the 4-year-old came on to him .... Maybe you guys express what I am in the habit of keeping to myself. Telling criminals they are slime is not an effective criminal defense practice builder, and it is also pointless because they don't get it, and no amount of skewering will enlighten them. If I really cared on a personal level, I'd be a psychiatrist or a pastor, but I don't.

My response:

An "effective criminal defense practice builder"? Who the hell is building a practice by writing to FreeAdvice? You've got too many visions of grandeur going on.

You also said:

"Maybe you guys express what I am in the habit of keeping to myself."

Oh, please. You had no trouble telling me off! So, why are you "holding back" when you're anonymous? This is the perfect vehicle to let your hair down, CalAtty, and to finally be able to say the things to these scum that you've been "holding back" from saying in your own office.

It's not meant to be "good for them" - - it's meant to be good for you and your soul. So, let it out. Scream and swear at these druggies and perverts. It's okay!

Besides, do you know a better way to obtain MCLE credits for doing something that's good for your own psyche? This is better than being a shrink or a pastor. Here, on FreeAdvice, you get to dump all that pent-up frustration, and get Credits for doing it!

Try it. You'll like it.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

calatty said:
MCLE credits? Where? How??

My response:

Easy. Contact the Bar. Ask for the form. Fill it out.

Now, here's your "angle" when filling out the form - -

You don't discuss that you're the one "answering questions". You're not learning from doing that; rather, you fill out the form from the angle, and by stating - - and it's an absolutely true statement - - that you're learning by reading other areas of law and the answers by other attorneys.

Example, you don't know anything about "Family Law" - - however, when you read my responses to others in that area, you're learning - - right?

Go to the California State Bar site, below, and start by clicking on "Participatory" - - then click on the other areas as appropriate.

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]http://www.calbar.ca.gov/state/calbar/calbar_generic.jsp?sImagePath=&sCategoryPath=/Home/Attorney Resources/MCLE/Attorney Information/FAQs&sFileType=HTML&sCatHtmlPath=html/AI_FAQs-Category.html

So, fill out the form, and send it in, and every quarter, informing the Bar of your hours. It's great!

IAAL

Last edited:

calatty

Thanks for the MCLE tip, IAAL. Now Freeadvice doesn't have to be just a timewaster. I will take your advice and try to unleash my inner compassionate conservative sometimes too.

B

Boxcarbill

calatty said:
Thanks for the MCLE tip, IAAL. Now Freeadvice doesn't have to be just a timewaster. I will take your advice and try to unleash my inner compassionate conservative sometimes too.
Every time I see the words "compassionate consevative," I think of the most accurate definition I ever heard: A compassionate conservative is one who seeing a drowning person 30 feet away tosses out a 20 feet life line and then asserts, "Hey, I met them more than half way."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">