• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile trespassing - Oklahoma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OkieTink

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Question. In May my daughter (a minor) was invited to someone's home and while she was at the home she was raped.

The boy's mother filed a complaint two days ago for trespassing. I got a phone call tonight and have a meeting tomorrow with a juvenile intake worker.

I am not worried that charges will actually be brought against my daughter considering the circumstances surrounding the complaint. However, nothing would make me happier right now to find some "loophole" in this woman's complaint so the complaint will be thrown out.

The situation is this: Her son is 19. He picked my daughter up and brought her to his house. His parents were out of town.

What consitutes trespassing? Can she file the complaint when she herself was not home at the time of the incident?

O

OkieTink

hexeliebe said:
Are you getting the whole story?
Yes. I have already spoken to the Chief of Police who is a little stumped as to HOW she could file charges since her son did pick my daughter up and brought her to the home. They were unsure of how to proceed so they took her complaint and sent it over to JOC which is part of the juvenile system. According to JOC my daughter will be read her rights tomorrow morning.

The complaint was filed two days ago. Two days ago was her son's preliminary hearing where he waved his right to a hearing so my daughter did not have to testify. The mother was at the hearing and glared at us the whole time, I was prepared for some sort of retaliation. Her son is being charged with second degree rape and focible sodomy. My daughter, age 14 with the mentaility of an 11 year old snuck out of the home in the middle of the night. I woke up to find her missing and she came home a few hours later and told me what had happened.

I just want to see if there is some reason these charges cannot be filed. Nothing would make me happier then for her to know she didn't "get to us". My daughter has been through enough.

H

hexeliebe

There is a reason for her filing the charges. It's called retaliation.

The police are bound to take the report and act according to law and procedures. It doesn't mean the charges mean anything. And judges are not stupid.

Defend her and nothing more. I don't think this will go very far.

O

OkieTink

If you are invited to someone's home how can that be considered trespassing?

Son of Slam

Wouldn't it be wonderful, if someday after suing her for what she and her son have put you and your daughter through, YOU could throw HER out of that house for trespassing?

Good luck sir, and may God be with you.

O

OkieTink

Son of Slam said:
Wouldn't it be wonderful, if someday after suing her for what she and her son have put you and your daughter through, YOU could throw HER out of that house for trespassing?

Good luck sir, and may God be with you.
Yes, it would be nice...

And I'm a chick :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">