• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ and WA state law RE:Tickets please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cyrus360

Back in 93' I got a few tickets in NJ. I moved later in 93' to WA state. Currently my license is suspended in NJ because I have outstanding insurance surcharges and some unpaid tickets.

Is there a limit of time before they fall off my driving record and keeping me from getting my license? I can't afford the crazy amount of money I now owe the state of NJ and when I try to get a license here in WA state, they say my driving privledges in NJ are suspended and they wont license me here until I get stuff cleared up with NJ and get a letter of clearance from them.

I thought maybe after 10 years it would drop off my old stuff and such. Can anyone possibly help me out with this please? I would greatly appreciate it.

racer72

There is no statute of limitations on the tickets and fines. Till you pay everything in full, you will not receive a license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">