• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession of alcohol. some insight please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

papaspice

What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania

Ok heres what happened:
Me and a buddy of mine were sitting at a friends house in an alley. My buddy had a cooler of beer and was drinking. I was not drinking what so ever. Out of nowhere a cop comes up and and searches my buddy and finds a beer in his pocket, then finds the cooler. He found nothing on me. I told the cop i was not drinking and i took a breathalizer and came up 0.0. We both got charged with possession. i think i have a good chance because the beer was in my buddys pocket and he smelled like alcohol. Any insite, thanks!

P

papaspice

Forgot!!

Also I forgot to mention that i'm 18 years old. And i have 2 prior transportations of alcohol but they were when i was under 18.

S

sdstrooper

You don't need to have drank alcohol to be convicted of possession. The best way out is to get your friend to testify on your behalf that the alcohol was his and not yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">