• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Using Hubby's SS# to Apply For Credit Cards

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilsister

What is the name of your state? NY

We just found out that my hubby's ex is using his SS#, date of birth, etc. to apply for credit cards. We are waiting to get copies of the applications to compare signatures for further proof.

We filed a police report for identity theft and when the detective called he said basically all she has to do is deny it and there's nothing more they can do. How can this be true? How can someone get away with this simply by saying, well I didn't do it.

Seems ass-backwards to me. He pays the price by having his credit tampered with and she gets away with doing it.

What gives?

JETX

Have the victim file a theft affidavit with the credit card company. They will investigate and pursue a resolution,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">