• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Found Innocent of Assault Next step?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Provigil

What is the name of your state? SC

I was found innocent of all charges on my assault case.
I was wondering if there is anything I can do to this woman that made the false statements?
Along with this, she also has ruined my buisiness name and reputation. IN writting and in spoken words to people.
Also, this person called my business partner 5 days after my arrest and demanded that he set her up in business or she would make this all public. He didn't, and she did.
We have this in writing directly from her to a friend of hers (who gave us the original copy) also.
The judge actually told her in court that this was one of the worst cases of false accusations he had ever seen. She couldn't keep her story straight and I had three eye witnesses to state what happened.

Because of this stress I had a stroke in February and am now disabled.....
Not only this, but the police never came to ask any questions of us. They simply came and arrested me 10 days after the fact.

any help appreciated.

Prov.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Provigil said:
What is the name of your state? SC

I was found innocent of all charges on my assault case.
I was wondering if there is anything I can do to this woman that made the false statements?

===============================

My response:

Ever heard the story of the "Boy Who Cried Wolf"?

Well, now you bash her teeth down her throat with complete impunity. No one will believe her if she reports it.

IAAL

M

mrseld

Can you have a stress induced stroke? I thought a stroke was an interruption of the blood to the brain.

P

Provigil

MrsEld - Yes you can. Rupture of a blood vessel to or in the brain.

IAAL - Well if I was a violent person to start with I would have. But I am not.

It just seems to me that the police believe women before they get all the facts. This is not the first time she has done this to someone we found out. And reading in this forum I see that this is a common occurance.

Assault is very serious and it should be taken seriously, however, I think the police need to have evidence and do some sort of investigation or at least TALK to the accused before arresting them.
People take advantage of assualt charges just because they want to "Get Even" and don't tell me it doesn't happen cause it does. Something has to be changed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">