• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I assualted someone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

I had enough. My boyfriend cheated on me with this girl, then when he broke it off she wouldn't go away for almost two months now. We went camping and the kids and I went to town for water and when I returned she was there. She refused to get out of her car and I broke in her driver side window and I just started swinging. I stopped long enough to open her door and continue. My kids did not witness this. All she had is a few minor cuts. I do not dipute the fact that this happened, but I am just wondering what I am looking at. The narcotics officer I talked to said I will probably get charged with a simple assault. (I turned my boyfriend for manufacturing meth right after this happened because while this was going on I found out he was doing it and taking it around the kids.) I am worried about jail time only because I do not have anyone to watch my children as I just moved here not too long ago and I do not trust his family with them. And yes, I should have thought of that before hand, but I wasn't thinking only because a person can only take so much.

HomeGuru

[email][email protected][/email] said:
What is the name of your state? North Dakota

I had enough. My boyfriend cheated on me with this girl, then when he broke it off she wouldn't go away for almost two months now. We went camping and the kids and I went to town for water and when I returned she was there. She refused to get out of her car and I broke in her driver side window and I just started swinging. I stopped long enough to open her door and continue. My kids did not witness this. All she had is a few minor cuts. I do not dipute the fact that this happened, but I am just wondering what I am looking at. The narcotics officer I talked to said I will probably get charged with a simple assault. (I turned my boyfriend for manufacturing meth right after this happened because while this was going on I found out he was doing it and taking it around the kids.) I am worried about jail time only because I do not have anyone to watch my children as I just moved here not too long ago and I do not trust his family with them. And yes, I should have thought of that before hand, but I wasn't thinking only because a person can only take so much.
**A: move back to the state your family lives in.

S

sdstrooper

Anywhere from 90 days to 10 years in jail with a fine. Depends on the jury that you get in court. You'll be lucky if your lawyer can get you probation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">