• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$4,000 Forged Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jun2san

What is the name of your state? Florida

My father wrote a check for $4,000 and signed my mother's name and cashed the check. He blatantly admits it (at least to us). They are currently still married but plan on filing for divorce. I don't know whether this is relevant or not either but my father also plans on filing for bankruptcy. What I want to know is what kind of charges he will be facing when we press them?:mad:

JETX

"My father wrote a check for $4,000 and signed my mother's name and cashed the check"
*** Who's account was the check drawn on?? If his own (or joint), then no legal ramifications.

"What I want to know is what kind of charges he will be facing when we press them?"
*** If the account was his or a joint account, there are no 'charges'. Florida is a community property state. Simply, this means that EITHER spouse has equal 'right' to the money. Further, any law enforcement would treat this as a civil issue.... and not criminal.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">