• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting things finished up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Regi

My spouse filed the divorce. I was told not to respond so things would go quicker. On her original papers she requested no spousal support. The waiting period is over and it's time to file the closer but now she says we have to do a Marital Agreement regarding support before the final paper can be filed. We couldn't agree on an amount.
Bottom line, because in the 2 years we've been seperated I've found someone and want to get married and she's holding things up so I can't. Can I iniciate any paper work to get this thing closed without an agreement on support so I can get on with my life. She is a licensed LVN and wouldn't get much if anything anyway. I don't make as much as she does.

S

shannon prendergast

We had to have our lawyer precepe the court for a court date after the waiting period for basically the same reasons. My fiance's ex doesn't want us to move on - she was just released from a year of prison in November and is mad that we have met and he didn't wait on her, even though it was over when she went to prison. And, we are paying temporary maintenance so as soon as this is finished, that is less money per week for her and that makes her mad. So, instead of letting the court system pick a date, we filed this paperwork (precepe) so they would schedule the earliest date. Try calling the court and seeing if you can file this yourself, you might spend 50$ but it would be worth it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">