• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Son wants to come live with me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Schuller

My son is 15 years old and wants to come live with me. I don't have a lot of money for a lawyer, so I'm trying to get one through legal services. I live in WV and my son lives with his dad in CT. I'm not able to see my son as much as i would like, but I do call him. Do you think the courts would allow my son to come live with me now. My son has lived with his dad since 1992. My son tells me that he wants to come live with me & I told him I would do whatever I could. Will the courts listen to my son, Because his father sure doesn't.

Ihave a 12year old son,who lives with his mother.His mother and I were never married.I have visitation rights and I pay my child support.I am married and have 2 children with my wife.my son has told me reapeatedly that he wishes to live with me. He has told his mother that he wants to live with me.What must I do to get him? thank you,Scott Chavis

S

Schuller

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
Ihave a 12year old son,who lives with his mother.His mother and I were never married.I have visitation rights and I pay my child support.I am married and have 2 children with my wife.my son has told me reapeatedly that he wishes to live with me. He has told his mother that he wants to live with me.What must I do to get him? thank you,Scott Chavis <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You will need to do like I need to do and that is to Petition the Court for Modificaton
of Custody. if you live in the same state it is easier, but if your like me and live in a diffrent state than your child does then you need to Petition the court where your child resides, Hope this helps and Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">