• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missing my childs presence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Murphy1

My now ex husband has custady of our daughter only because when I left him I took our child with me, didnt file for divorce and let him have her for the weekend. He then filed for divorce and custady of our daughter. I didnt get to see her for two months!When I did get to see her it was for 15 minutes every other weekend. Now he has Physical custady because I was not made aware of any dates to appere in court for our divorce. I never get to see her he will say I can but never shows up. She now has a brother she is not allowed to meet. They had there phone disconected so I cant call anymore. I hardly have any money, and I have tried leagal aid and anything possible to find help. I desprately miss my daughter! Please help! I realy need someone in my corner right now. What can I do to get the Reasonable visitation I was granted by our justice system? I despratly want her home with me.

T

Tracey

If you have a visitation order, ex HAS to let you have the child on the appointed days. If he doesn't, you can charge him with custodial interference.

Take your visitation order (certified copy) to the police and ask them to come with you to pick up your daughter. They will force him to produce the child. Don't play his silly power games by asking him if he'd please let you see her this time.

Good luck,
Tracey

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">