• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing the kids; physical abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LCMMN

Last week the police were called regarding my ex being physically abusing my son. The county attorney and police turned the children over to me until matters could be settled. The police photographed the injuries on my son, but as of now my ex has not been arrested. My ex is threating to hold me in contempt of court if I do not turn the kids back over. We have joint custody, my ex has physical care. What do I do? and Who do I contact to find out what the status is in this case. I've been unable to talk to the attorney that I'm looking to hire.

------------------

T

Tracey

Go to court and request an emergency custody order to keep the kids with you. Take a copy of the police reports and pictures.

Also, get a restraining order for your son restraining dad from hitting the boy at all. This way, if he does it again, the penalties are increased.

Check with your local legal aid society and/or your divorce lawyer for forms/procedures.

Tracey

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">