• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

did I give up my parental rights???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

worried mom

I have joint legal& joint physical custody in CA. the court order states: "dad shall be primary custodial parent of minor child, who shall now live primarily with dad in Citrus Heights CA. mom shall have reasonable visitation with child which will be agreed upon in advance. mom shall have primary custody of child during the summer months." Did I through away my chance for having my son through the school years because I signed the order? This order was signed 4 yrs. ago, What are my chances of modifing the order??

T

Tracey

You can have your son through school if dad lets you OR if you go to court and request a modification of custody. Talk to your divorce lawyer.

Tracey

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">