• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can't seem to stop the negative

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clueless

what do i do when the x's current wife won't keep her mouth shut about constantly throwing digs at me to my children. Just the other day she told one of my children that she doesn't have to take them to the mall because "that's what she pays me every week for". I don't mind if she feels this way i mind the way the children feel about these little head games. Is there anything. also the other day she picked them up and my x wasn't there, when they got in the car she started yelling at them blaming her lateness on the kids. When it was actually the father who didn't feel like driving.

R

rookie

Unfortunatly this happens all the time. In most cases as time moves on things will probably smooth out. It's hard dealing with a spouse ex wife and children in relationships, especially new ones. It seems to be common place that the mother and stepmother are forced to deal with most of the issue of visitation. It seems that Dads prefer to let the women handle things.

Child support issues are always going to be there. CS takes quite a chuck away from dad and his other families pocketbooks. I totally feel that stepmom is out of line but will chill with time.

If things become out of control, you can go to court to have the judge add to the order that all parents and partner's are not to talk bad about each other in the presents of the children. Realistically, it probably would only prolong the situation and add more strain to the relationship and your children would be the one's to suffer.

Try to make "nice" with the other mom, no matter how hard it seems, your children will benefit.

....Rent "STEPMOM"...That movie really lets you feel all sides of divorced families.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">