• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how difficult?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bookwormess

What is the name of your state? TX

How difficult is it to prove verbal abuse? Can I hide a tape recorder in the house and use it in court?

Thanks.

Son of Slam

bookwormess said:
What is the name of your state? TX

How difficult is it to prove verbal abuse? Can I hide a tape recorder in the house and use it in court?

Thanks.

Sure. Every thirty seconds just say, "Beep."

M

mrseld

You're going to have to try another angle, I think. What is your plan that involves your proving "verbal abuse"? Is it verbal abuse toward you or you and your children? What's going on?

tigger22472

I know that Tx. is a one party state as far as taping. However, I'm not sure if the situation is the same or that they consider that for phones only. HOWEVER, you could use it if you are involved but not tape your children with a parent if I'm making any sense at all.

B

bookwormess

Well, it's mostly rages against me, although they have happened at our son as well. Just a tirade of name calling, derogitory statements and cussing. If I can taperecord only our conversations, that would be fine. He would stick his foot in his mouth well enough.

B

bookwormess

Yes, we've been married for 2 years now. I would skip on out by myself, but want to take my step-son with me. I have an apointment with a lawyer on Friday to start the adoption process. But it's hard to prove that an adoptive parent is better equipt to take a child then the birth parent. So if I can prove that he can be verbally abusive in court, I stand a better chance of receiving full custody.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Depends. If he's verbally abusive to you and not the son (or you don't have proof of the latter), it won't have a damned thing to do with custody.

M

mrseld

I would think getting custody is very hard just based on verbal abuse. That is quite a stretch. I'm not implying that the verbal abuse isn't happening. I'm just saying that with my experience with the two attorneys I have used, you have to have pretty substantial grounds to do what you're thinking about. But good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">