• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if he's not my son's Dad???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CURIOUS GEORGE

Things between my ex-husband and me happened very fast.I moved in with him. Three months later, we found out I was preagnant. One night we discussed the ill fact of, what if it's not yours?? His response...We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Well, here were are 8 yeard down the road. I am 1 1/2 yrs remarried. He just remarried. He hates my husband. (even though he remarried he's not happy because he has always wanted me back)Now, he's hired a lawyer and wants to fight me for custody. He found out that my husband has some thing on his record from before us. He's says this is all he needs to take my son. Can he do that?? He can't prove me undit in any way. I have taken care of my son from the day he was born, including the 5 years we've been divorced.(the marriage only lasted 3)Now, if this does all go down in court, what happens if it comes out that he's not my ex's son??? Can he still fight for custody of a child that's not biologically his??? Can I keep him away from my son completely??? Will he still have visitation??? Will I have to pay back the money he's paid in child support??? (which he's skating close to $10,000. behind in). Does he have a chance to get my son if I keep the biological part out of it completely??? Please help me!!! What should I be expecting???

T

Tracey

This is way too complex - go hire a custody lawyer.

Tracey

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">