• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

childsupport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wendydodson

My baby's father owes backsupport... he is in the navy and is located in flordia,he has paid for the last year 204.00 a month. But, the recent check i got was for only 170.oo i have a court order. but it got lowered somehow,, and i dont understand how it even got lowered....if some one could help me understand how much a navy man makes please let me know.. he has been in there for 3 years and still owes 1 and half year backsupport....

C

cjskids

Military personnel don't make very much unless they are higher in rank. In fact enlisted personel qualify for food stamps in most states. As far as child support goes though, they (the military) will make him pay or send him to jail. They should be taking it directly out of his check. Do his payments go through the state or directly to you? I would check into wage garnishment if your not having that done now! As far as the amount being lowered, were you notified of any requested court appearances? I don't believe that support can be lowered without notification of both parties and a chance for rebuttal. Good Luck!!

B

brandym

First of all, if you can find out what rank he is, I can tell you what his pay range is, or at least give you a darn good idea depending on his situation. Second of all, it is not true that most lower enlisted qualify for food stamps. I am a former military member and am married to a current military member (both enlisted) and although it is possible that an enlisted soldier qualifies for food stamps, it happens rarely. Now, if he has remarried and has several children, it is very possible. Third, they would NOT put him in jail, his command would simply have his payments come directly out of his pay in the form of an allotment. If he is still inexperienced w/ the military, he may qualify for pay he doesn't even know he can qualify for. For example, if he is single and living on base, he can still qualify for a housing allowance to be paid for the support of his dependent not living with him. If you have any more details about his situation, especially rank, I can help you with more info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">