• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long could i get?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

malk

What is the name of your state? kansas

im hoping im doing this right, by making a new message.
im new at this , so please have mercy on me.

this is the old question

(Im charged with aggravated assult( the son), and domestic battery(his mom my x girlfreind).
first the domestic battery was not on purpous, and my x told the police that and they said it didnt matter, it happened. we were fighting and I was pointing my finger and she got up fast off the bed to get in my face and I poke her in the eye, I said I was sorry.
she said to me I know you didnt mean it( I really didnt know it was going to happen)
we finish argueing and then she left, later her son came down to fight me, and hes big for a 15 year old.( hes bigger than me).
his sister and mom said to go back home, but he kept coming towrds my driveway. I then did a stupid thing and went in the house and got a knife, I went out side but stayed on my property and said, if you come on my property i'll stick you.( didnt mean it but was trying to scare him to go home. the knife thing didnt even last 1 min, becuse his sister and mom was yelling at me to put the knife away, and so I did. we was 16 feet apart the whole time. he then went away and called the police, and I was arrested.
this is my first time getting in trouble, im 34 years old and i rase 3 boys on my own( should of thought of them when I did this).
they didnt see any of this either.
will i get jail time or probation? i swear I wont do this ever again....how stupid of me. I really was scared of him, but I should of just ran and called the police.
I learned this lesson too late...:-(

new question is
How long of probation could i get? and how long of jail time could I get if i get that? remember its my first time......and my last
I dont care if someone trys to kill me, i AINT fighting back.
that day in jail was enough to scare the sh--t out of me.
just a guess would help, also its says on these papers 11 months to 32 months of jail time.)
thank you

JETX

There is simply no way that anyone on this forum can predict what punishment you might receive. There are just too many variables. For example, you could get a very hardball prosecutor, or a very strict judge, or a very lenient (or tough) jury. There could be a community wide prosecution 'attitude' that this type of conduct will be dealt with very severely. Further, it could be an election year with the prosecutor in a very tight race. Finally, any attorney you hire may be 'in' or 'out' with the prosecutor.
As you can see, there is really no way to answer your question(s) with any accuracy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">