• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation rights after moving out of state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slg

My ex moved from Illinois to Michigan after our marital settlement was set up in Illinois. I need to know how the visitation that was set up applies since he has moved. I have primary physical placement and he has yet to take me back to court to get any new visitation set up. At our final hearing the judge stated that his visitation would be null once he moved but if he pushes it what do I have to do?

T

Tracey

He has to take you to court to modify visitation. Don't worry about it until he does. If he goes to court, ask that he be required to pay travel costs.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">