• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tired of being Harrased!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ramu

What is the name of your state? Chicago IL.
My Ex and I got seperated in januaryof 03. We have a little girl. 22 months old now. We were never married and she has a restraining order against me. She got it cause she came up with 4 witnesses which were her mom dad uncle and aunt and they lied theirs ass's off in front of the judge. On the order there is no third party contact. we finally agrred to me seeing my girl for 2 hours every sunday and she and her family won t let me. They won t even let me talk to my girl and my parents are not allowed to talk to them either. This case is in oregon and i am In illinois now. They kept on harrasing me and calling me and sending faxes about how I 'm such an a**hole and they took pics of my little girl and wrote things on the pics like, y daddy hates me, and if i have a daddy. My ex kept on calling me asking for money and my furniture and i gave the furniture to goodwill and she is more mad now. They constantly put me down in front of my family and have made my life a mess. I moved to chicago cause I couldnt take it n e more and everywhere I went there to get help all I got was , that I am saying something against someone whos been here for 25 years and its my word against theirs. Please let me know what I can do..
Thanx..

Last edited:

M

mrseld

Does the restraining order (or Order of Protection) apply to your ex and your daughter or just your ex? Are you just basicaly asking how you can get visitation with your daughter?

I had a restraining order against my ex and it wasn't so easy to get. I had to not only tell my side of the story, I had to produce a tape recorded phone conversation that the judge played for the entire courtroom with my ex verbally threatening me. It was not extended to our daughter, even though he mentioned her, so he still retained his visitation.

I'm thinking there's a little more to your story.

R

Ramu

The visitations were supervised and now they have told the court that they which is my ex's mom is going to supervise them. But she is never available to make a time for me to see my girl nor does she ever answer the phone, if someone does answer its my ex and I can t talk to her. They won t even let my girl talk to my family.
I don t know if u read the part where I said they are violating the order whenever they feel like, but what can i do about that, all I heard was she ll get a slap on her wrist and if I were to do it i ll end up in jail.

HomeGuru

Ramu said:
The visitations were supervised and now they have told the court that they which is my ex's mom is going to supervise them. But she is never available to make a time for me to see my girl nor does she ever answer the phone, if someone does answer its my ex and I can t talk to her. They won t even let my girl talk to my family.
I don t know if u read the part where I said they are violating the order whenever they feel like, but what can i do about that, all I heard was she ll get a slap on her wrist and if I were to do it i ll end up in jail.
**A: hire an attorney and enforce the order. Nuff said.

R

Ramu

HomeGuru said:
**A: hire an attorney and enforce the order. Nuff said.
I wish I could do that. Its hard to do that with no money and no power. I am emotionally gone and not all up there. last 3 years of my life I have been a slave just to stay close to my little girl.
Anyone know who ll help with legal fees or make it cheaper or free or give me installments..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">