• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption for single lesbian for nephews

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

i am trying to adopt 2 nephews whose mother has no legal claim anymore. i am single and gay, but am a blood relative who has tried one other time to get custody of the older one. i cannot find any information about this type of adoption and my legal rights i need help in a hurry am trying to get the best lawyer here but will not return my call i am from central georgia

T

Tracey

Where are the kids now? In foster care? You might be able to become their foster parent while you sort out the adoption stuff.

Your best bet is to view this case as a single-parent relative adoption, not as a lesbian-aunt adoption. You won't be able to adopt unles the father gives up his parental rights or the state terminates them.

Call a few other attorneys if your first choice is too busy to take your case.

Try Lambda Legal Defense for more information. They may be able to provide the names of gay-friendly adoption attorneys in Georgia.

Good luck,
Tracey

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">