• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wanting custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

martinezp1

My wife has moved out because she says she is confused and doesn't think she loves me anymore. She said she does need time. She took the kids ages 5 & 11 months. In Michigan is there a way that I could get custody of the kids? Just because she is confused why should she beable to disrupt the life of the rest of us. Would it be worth my time to file for custody? Neither one of us have filed for divorce yet. Would it possible the next time I have the kids if I file for divorce would I beable to keep the kids or would I have to give them back to her? Please help me with any suggestions that you might have. I miss my kids very much. The house is so lonely without them. Thank you.

T

Tracey

Go get a divorce lawyer and ask him/her to file motions for separaton & temporary custody. The separation protects you from her running up bills while she figures things out. (You might also want to take steps to protect your financial assets.) The temporary custody gives you the kids and her visitation. At the very least, you will get temporary visitation even if she keeps the kids.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

[This message has been edited by Tracey (edited April 12, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">